We are in a healthcare crisis that is having very real impacts on our personal lives and the economy. Americans are forced to adjust to a new normal as legislators take drastic measures in an attempt to slow the transmission of COVID-19 without crashing the economy. All of these changes can breed fear and uncertainty. The role of an attorney is to assist with finding stability in the midst of a crisis.
Consider the following to assess whether you need an attorney to help you or your business through the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Are you a healthcare provider that is trying to keep up with treating patients, protecting your employees, while addressing the growing needs in your community? Our new healthcare attorney is here to assist healthcare businesses and professionals with navigating this evolving landscape.
- Are you a healthcare worker on the frontlines of this pandemic? You should consider updating your estate plan, or drafting one if you do not have one. With the limited amount of PPE available it is highly likely that many healthcare workers will become infected with COVID-19 as they treat the population.
- Is your business forced to downsize? You may be able to get out of your contractual obligations due to this pandemic using your force majeure clause. Additionally, businesses must continue to follow the applicable ADA guidelines and updated legislation.
- Have you been let go from your job, and now you’re experiencing financial strain? You might have to consider filing bankruptcy to alleviate your debt.
- Are you an inventor or creative that believes that you have developed a new product that can assist with combating the disease or its impact on our world? Chat with our intellectual property attorney on how to grow your concept from idea to marketplace.
If you answered yes to any of these questions please contact one of our attorneys at 615.807.1240 to discuss a resolution to your concerns. We are here to assist you with finding a solution unique to you and your circumstances.
Post authored by Gloria D. Crawford